Sunday, January 18, 2015

Self Discipline & Care Enough - 5heaven.com

Self Discipline &  Care Enough
We can miss out on 99% of our blessing because we don't have the discipline or care enough to finish the things we start.  You can do everything right, persevere on through hard times but stop at the 98% mark and still not enjoy the success.  If I were to make a rocking chair, I assemble everything together bit by bit, with everything all done up except the chair seat, I could have spent many hours and days making the chair, but I still cannot use it because of that one last thing I need to put in.  I may have spent all that effort, but it would be wasted because I cannot reap the benefits of what I have made.  

There are times we all want to sleep a little bit longer, eat a little bit unhealthier, be a little bit lazier, but these things make life a lot more difficult.  Back to the chair analogy, if I had done everything, but was lazy and did not put one screw into the rocking chair, I may have an accident a few months down when my parents use the chair or a little nephew plays on it.  They may fall and injure themselves, just because I was a bt lazy and did not put enough care into finishing what I started.  I may have put a lot of love into making the rocking chair, but by deciding not to put in that screw because of my 1% lazy indulgence and assumption that it won't matter, I have caused injury or harm to others and myself.  Furthermore, nobody will trust in the rocking chairs I make in the future.

Jan 2015 - YQ

No comments:

Post a Comment